KENT, Ohio – The Indiana University East track and field teams continued their success two weeks after the River States Conference Indoor Championships.
The Red Wolves won two events at the Kent State Tune-Up on Feb. 22, while establishing five school records.
Justin Lowe reached a national qualifying standard in the 400 meters as he won the race with a school record time of 48.72 seconds.
The other victory for the Red Wolves came in the men’s 1,600-meter relay as Seth Reynolds, Joseph Brown, Lowe and Will Mundy posted a school record time of 3:19.38. The quintet reached a national standard during the conference meet on Feb. 7.
IU East’s men’s squad won the RSC title two weeks ago, while the women finished second.
The NAIA National Indoor Track & Field Championships will be in South Dakota on March 5-7.
* Lowe also has qualifying standards in the 600 meters and as a part of the 1,600-meter relay team.
* Kevaray Gillette improved her qualifying time in the 60-meter hurdles with a 9.08. She broke her own school record mark of 9.10 from the RSC Championships.
* Reynolds in 60-meter hurdles (second, 8.28)
* Mundy in 400 meters (fourth, 49.48)
* Brown in 400 meters (fifth, 49.92)
* Tamaree Haygood in 60-meter hurdles (sixth, 8.76)
* Sheliece Watkins in 200 meters (eighth, 26.11)
* Watkins in 60-meter hurdles (10th, 9.13)
* Kaniyah Rush in 400 meters (seventh, 1:00.44)
* Rush in 200 meters (seventh, 26.02).