School evacuated after student reports smoke in restroom; no one hurt

0
307

Lincoln Middle/High School had an unscheduled fire alarm on Friday, March 22, but Principal Renée Lakes reported in the school’s weekly newsletter that everyone followed procedures and was safe.
Lakes said water somehow got onto an outlet in the middle school boys’ restroom. She said the ground fault interrupter did trip, but there was a little smoke.
A student reported it, and a teacher immediately pulled the fire alarm. Everyone was evacuated and accounted for quickly, Lakes said.
Cambridge City Volunteer Fire Department was dispatched and gave school leaders the all-clear before students and employees returned to the building.
“Great job to our students and staff for handling the situation so well,” Lakes said.