All submissions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. There is no charge for any submission except classified ads; however, the only submissions guaranteed to run are paid advertising.
We are newspapers for the people of Wayne County, in Indiana. We accept submissions of relevance and interest to our community, under the following terms:
- We appreciate all submissions, but do not guarantee that all will be printed in the Western Wayne News and/or The Nettle Creek Gazette.
- If you submit photos, please make sure that you have the permission for publication in the Western Wayne News and The Nettle Creek Gazette of all identifiable individuals in any photo.
- All submissions must be original and must not infringe the copyright of any third party. The copyright in all submissions to Western Wayne News and The Nettle Creek Gazette remains with the author.
- The Western Wayne News and The Nettle Creek Gazette reserves the right to verify the identity of any person submitting articles, opinions or letters to the editor.
All contributions must be accompanied by the name, telephone number, street address and e-mail address of the contributor. Only the name of the contributor will be published. Other personal information will be retained by the Western Wayne News and The Nettle Creek Gazette in order to communicate with the contributor and will be deleted within six months of the last contact.
Articles, letters, press releases, etc.
- Submit text-heavy items in MS Word format, or as plain text.
- Avoid formatting such as indents, tabs, etc, as it has to be removed in most cases.
- Text in PDF format does not work for us, nor does Macintosh Pages.
- Photos to accompany articles should be in JPG format. Photos in PNG format are usually much too large and we need to reformat them.
- If you know how to resize photos, please send them at a maximum of 800 px wide. If not, don’t worry about it. We’ll resize them.
- If you’re submitting a poster or flyer, we prefer it in JPG format when possible, since that’s the format we have to publish it in.
PDF files are acceptable, though not preferred, if they don’t contain a lot of text. Note that we have to reformat these before publishing, which may affect the quality.
As a small newspaper, it is sometimes challenging to respond to every email on the day it is received. If you don’t receive a response right away, please be patient.
On the other hand, emails do sometimes go missing or end up in the ‘Spam’ folder. If you don’t hear back after a couple of days please do send a reminder, or call (765) 478-5448.